THE SUN SHINES MOST OF THE TIME

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Singing about L.A., one of my favorite singers, Neil Diamond belts out, "Sun shines most of the time..."

And he's right. It does. L.A.'s fine!

The same is true in these parts---Phoenix, Scottsdale, all over Arizona.

Yes, yes, I know, you heard. Thunder storms, lightening, rain---even a tornado paid Arizona a visit.

But that kind of thing is rare around here, and it didn't last long.

The sun is out bright and beautiful today. There is a slight touch of fall in the air.

Charlotte and I will be spending a little time at the gym this morning. She is getting in shape for a great Caribbean cruise she is going on with a bunch of Christian women. At least she said it is a group of women.

And me, I'm getting ready............Hey, I'm getting ready to be LEFT BEHIND!

Oh well, if one has to be left behind, there's no better place than sunny Arizona!

Charlotte and I have been married fifty-two years. She needs a break from me.

And after a few days at sea with all those women, she will come running back to these lovin' arms!

Running that is, if she gets in shape at the gym

1 comments:

Loren said...

ok! You just made me cry! This is so adorable and yet filled with such Love and appreciation of your wife! My mom and I were just discussing how MUCH we appreciate our husbands allowing us some time away and you are exactly right! We come running back into the arms of our loves sooo grateful!!

Thank you Clif & Charlotte for such a wonderful example of a godly marriage and Clif for loving Charlotte as Christ loves the church! You both bless me so much more than words can say!!