ALL OUT FOR LOVE

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

No, I'm not thinking about Valentine's Day.

Not that I have anything against the celebration of the love of a man for a woman and a woman for a man.

I just have something else in mind. Today I'm thinking about the love we have for God.

I really don't know much about the history of Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine and all that stuff. And I will be doing something loving for Charlotte next Monday. But like the celebration of Christmas I don't think the celebration of my love for my wife should just be one day a year.

The love I have in mind today is found in Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

A sect of Judaism known as the Pharisees compiled a comprehensive list of religious dos and don'ts―six hundred and thirteen of them.

Jesus peeled them back to one statement―the Great Commandment.

It may sound simple but it isn't. Jesus called it the most important commandment.

This is the love we need to get excited about. This is the love we need to go all out for!

Love the lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul
and with all your mind
and with all your strength.

1 comments:

Katie said...

I finally got on and read your blog like I said I would! It is extremely interesting and I loved reading all of your side notes and loved the post on you and Charlotte....amazing that you are celebrating 53 years of marriage....such an inspiration!! Awesome blog!! See you at the gym this next week!

Katie Trainer from 24 Hour Fitness