HELL ON EARTH

Monday, February 28, 2011

"Anywhere can be peaceful if you have God in your heart. But if you don't, then even a place as beautiful as this can be hell."

These were the words of a monk, Fr. Nikon spoken to Michael Hyatt, CEO at Thomas Nelson Publishing when he visited a monastery in Greece.

It was a beautiful day overlooking the Aegean Sea and Michael was expressing the thought that he hated to leave this beautiful, peaceful place. That's when Fr. Nikon told him that if--and he paused for emphasis, if a person has God in their heart they can have peace anywhere. But if not, even a beautiful place can be hell.

So true!

However, don't accept this as true just because a monk said it and I believe it.  Think about it. Meditate on it,and if you come to believe it, rejoice if you already have God in your heart and if you don't then do not waste another minute--invite Him in. 

"Anywhere can be peaceful if you have God in your heart. But if you don't, then even a place as beautiful as this can be hell."


1 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Minister Clif,

I so agree. I believe you stopped by my photography blog. Thanks.

I'm so thankful I have God in my heart and the peace he gives me anywhere at any time. I also have a devotional writing blog at http://virtuouswomanministry.blogspot.com. Please visit as well.

Blessings,
Judy