THIS SCRIPTURE JUST BLOWS MY MIND

Saturday, February 05, 2011

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
                                                                                       Psalm 139:16

As with the psalmist, all  your days are ordained by God. 

The God who ordained your days even before one of them came to be has a purpose for you.

We each have a holy responsibility to discover what God has in mind for us.

David fumbled and bumbled along making huge mistakes but he figured out God's purpose for his life.

Listen to this: "When David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep." Acts 13:36

That's what I want in my life: serve God's purpose and then fall asleep.

It's the only way to live---and die!

Doesn't it just blow your mind to know that God ordained your days even before one of them came to be?




15 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Yes, yes it does!
This reminds me of a precious CD :) ... "a time to be born, a time to die."
Have a wonderful weekend!

Charlotte said...

Love it.

Lori Heyd said...

Psalm 139 is my Mom's favorite! I love it too...Thank you for posting this, we should all be so blessed as David, who figured it out! Lori

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this encouraging word. I really needed it!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

that's a pretty amazing thought....hope your weekend is the best

Lisa notes... said...

It is hard to believe that God is SO incredibly smart about every single person and every single day. But He is! We are blessed.

shannon i olson said...

thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. How wonderful to have Wayne teaching at your church. I went through the bible doctrine with one of our pastors and then taught it two years in our womens ministry. All 3 times I was so blessed, learned so much and really enjoyed seeing how big God becomes when people study solid unapologetic doctrine. Blessings to you.

Cathy said...

Beautiful thoughts, Clif, thank you ~

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

It puts a smile on my face when I think about this. He already knows how my prayers are going to play out.
God Bless,
Ginger

Joan Hall said...

Yes Clif, it does blow my mind. Our pastor often says that we are "immortal" until God's purpose for us is finished.

Blessings,
Joan

Elderberry-Rob said...

Thankyou for visiting. Your words are a reassurance for all who have faith and an invitation of hope for those that have yet to find it. Betty

Anonymous said...

Yes it does!
One more thing to marvel at!

Jocelyn said...

It is true, that these thoughts do blow your mind! This is a wonderful reminder that our days are ordered by the Lord, and when they are complete we shall go home. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

bp said...

Amazing to think of and hard to grasp.

Hope you have a great week!
Bethany

Julie said...

Yes...blows my mind and heart wide open..To think He planned it all before I was in the womb...Amazing . I am still reminding my kids of this fact as they ponder their future young adult paths...That God sees it already from the time they were a twinkle in their dad's eye to the day they draw their last breath, and He will bring it all to pass...They just have to trust and BELIEVE it... Loved your post. Thanks so much.