DON'T WALK AWAY FROM LOVE

Friday, February 11, 2011

But you walked away from your first love―Why?
What's going on with you, anyway?
Do you have any idea how far you've fallen?
A Lucifer fall!
Turn back! Recover your dear early love.
No time to waste...
Revelation 2:4-5

Why do we do it? Why do we forsake our first love? In this case―our love for Christ.

Are we just human, weak, silly, sinful―the list goes on. 

Regardless of why, some of us do walk away from the one we should love. 

What is written here about the church at Ephesus and their first love applies to us today.

And in principle what applies to us and our love for Christ also applies to our love for our mates.

Some having problems in their marriages need to consider:

1. What's going on? Do you have any idea how far you've fallen?

2. Turn back! Recover your dear early love. There is no time to waste.

3. The NIV translation reads: "Repent and do the things you did at first." Excellent! Change. Remember those early days of courtship and marriage. 

It works for our love for Christ and our love for our mates: Think back to the passion you had at the beginning of your relationship. Remember how it was and return to it.

DON'T WALK AWAY FROM LOVE! 
This year we will celebrate 53 years of marriage. 

13 comments:

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a blessing and a joy - and a wonderful example for all! :)

MTJ said...

Hi Clif,

Thank you for sharing these encouraging words to pursue love. Re-discovering that passion which fueled us, is not as difficult or impossible as it may seem; it simply takes a comittment to return to it.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

LivingSoAbundantly said...

Congratulations on 50 years!!! :) Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

That image at the top of your post is amazing!!! Ofcourse, the photos at the bottom aren't bad, either :)
Much love to you and your Valentine. You are both precious to me.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I could never walk away from Him...not after what He did....The photos of you and Charlotte are beautiful..wishing you a love filled weekend.

Sherry Southard said...

When I think of all the people I know that have left their church family and into doing things of the world, it saddens my heart. My children are among those people and into some pretty scarey stuff. They need to get back to their first love. I only pray that God shows them the way and gets them back on track. I appreciate this post knowing God is in full control. Thank you

Saleslady371 said...

Oh, how I want to walk with Him so passionately and my greatest pleasure is to hear His voice. Great post.

Lisa notes... said...

You are a blessed man. I love the pictures of you two from so long ago. Wow. God is good.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Fantastic post! Why do we continually turn away from our love to God.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Wonderful post. Congratulations to you and your valentine of 50+ years!

Virginia said...

Timely post for the February month of LOVE.
Thank you for sharing this with us and may God bless you with many more years of love and happiness.
Happy Valentine's Day ~

Pamela said...

Beautiful testamony of love. I'm starting on 35 years. I want my love for Christ to be as deep and vibrant as my love for my husband. This has been a good post for me to challenge myself to search my heart to make sure it is.

Elderberry-Rob said...

catching up on the spiritual sunday posts - lovely pictures of you and your soulmate.