STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE

Friday, February 25, 2011

Talk about stepping out of your comfort zone, that's what our blogging friend Micey is doing in Uganda.

In her post for Spiritual Sundays this week she wrote about having to relieve herself in a pit latrine which is just a hole in the ground with no place to sit. When using this pit your have to squat in just the right approach.

Mercy me. Tell me again about your comfort zone city slickers.

Micey is a nurse and this is not the first time for her to uproot herself and head off into the mission field.

People who see their dreams come to pass are people who have backbone and refuse to settle for less than whats in their heart.

By faith Abraham, when called
to go to a place he would later
receive as his inheritance, obeyed
and went, even though he did not
know where he was going.
                                                                                        Hebrews 11:8

Abraham had great faith and he obeyed God and followed Him all the way to the Promised Land.

We can have that kind of faith. We really can.

Don't fall into a complacency trap. Don't develop a negative attitude. Dare to step out of your comfort zone.

Oh no, I'm not saying you have to go to Uganda and relieve yourself over a pit and do a balancing act just to keep from tumbling in. But of course somebody needs to go. Micey did.

But we all do need to be open to God's leading. If he puts a dream in your heart, whatever it is---step out.

15 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Complacency: Isn't that bad guy everywhere? Yes, I fear falling into his spell ... and, at the same time, I really fear stepping outside of that carfully-constructed comfort zone.
Thanks for this "nudge" to keep an open mind...and trust.
Have a wonderful evening!!!

Virginia said...

Playing it safe,doesn’t leave room for God's power to manifest.
It takes faith to step out of your comfort zone and do what the average person will not do. It is that person that makes a difference.
Great post.

Lori Heyd said...

Yes, Cliff! I have to admit, I love my safety and comfort but pray that my love for God will not allow me to cling too tightly to that. It is hard for us "city slickers" I am glad my parents always took me camping, I think I would have a leg up if I needed to do some roughing it! Great post! Lori

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I read Micey's post...and am totally amazed at her courage. Your words inspire me to face my fears and do what He's called me to do. Thanks for this....hope your weekend is the best.

Joan Hall said...

So true, Clif, sometimes we have to step out of our comfort zones to fully obey Christ.

Following Him must be first and foremost in our lives.

Blessings,
Joan

Whidbey Woman said...

Amen! Such an inspirational post, Clif.

Gayle said...

Great post. God won't lead us anywhere without equipping us for the journey.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Yes I als read Micheles post, what a wonderful person. We call great people like her True Blue, and she is. God Bless you and Charlotte also for your encouragement and support. CM

MTJ said...

Hi Clif,

I believe stepping out of my comfort zone positions me into the realm of faithfully trusting God to lead me where my eyes cannot see.

Thanks for the 4-1-1 about comments, and I do try to leave comment on other blogs. When I leave responses to comments from others, it's not exclusively for them. My hope is that other visitors will read something from both the commenter and myself that adds clarity to what was written in my post.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Pamela said...

I couldn't help but think about the missionaries killed by the pirates this week. They followed their dream and I believe God will use their martyr-deaths in a big way.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Clif, I often ask myself this same question. I don't have the answer I would like to have so I think I better start working on a better one. My prayers are with Micey, her walk with the Lord inspires me.
Blessings,
Ginger

Donnie said...

This really makes me think. Lovely, inspiring words.

Renee said...

I love this verse about Abraham...and what Micey is doing is far out of our comfort zones isn't it! Great post to give us food for thought...

Tera said...

Clif, please forgive my ignorance in linking to blog posts. I am very new to the world of blogging. I was unaware I linked to that particular post on the comment I left. I am very sorry if I offended you or any other readers. That was surely not my intention!

Your blog post is a good reminder to think of others. Stepping put of my comfort zone...so very hard to do!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK said...

Wonderful article with plenty to think about! My prayer is for God to use me where ever I am and where ever He leads me! Two pastors, years ago, taught me to surrender everything to Him and told me I'd never regret it. They were right! It isn't always easy - but it's always full of His blessings.