WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START BEING A BLESSING?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

God told Abraham, "I will make you a blessing to others." (Genesis 12:2)

"A blessing to others." Now there's an idea.

When am I going to get started on that?

Every day I'm wanting God to bless me. And he never fails.

I am blessed to be a blessing.

Again, here's the question: When am I going to start blessing others?

Ok, ok, I get it. I'll start looking around. You know, trying to be more observant.

You know. Like that woman sitting on the KFC parking lot in a car with the front end all banged up and a small boy in the back seat. The police are just leaving the scene of the accident and she looks all confused about what to do next.

Her?

Maybe.


Why not?

No,silly. I was thinking of something more high, holy, spiritual, other worldly. No, that's too practical.

I'm sure I will know how to be a blessing if and when the occasion calls for it.

4 comments:

Lori Heyd said...

It's those little everyday things we can do that make so much difference, just a hand on a shoulder and a kind word at just the right time can be a turning point in someone's day. Your blog is a blessing to me! Lori

Charlotte/For Such A Time As This said...

Many times I don't see the forest for the trees. God has something or someone right in front of me that He wants to use me to serve, and all the while I'm looking around for something else.

His ways are usually simple and uncomplicated...the person next to me or right in front of me is the person He asks me to serve...to bless. Thank you for your post, I hope I will be more aware of the people around me.

shannon i olson said...

oh my, been there, done that! Good thoughts, I really should be wrapped up in others and not always me. Perhaps I would indeed see more!

Pamela said...

Oh...we all want to do big things for God. Preaching to the thousands but not in the country church down the road.