INTEGRITY

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Paul Harvey was a good man.

I am reading a book about his life. The one thing, to me, that stands out in his life more than any other, is integrity.

"To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest." --Mahatma Gandhi

"It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are." --Roy Disney

"Who you are, what your values are, what you stand for...They are your anchor, your north star. You won't find them in a book. You'll find them in your soul." --Anne Mulcahy, Chairman and CEO, Xerox.

Integrity is one of the greatest needs of today. Where in the world has it gone?

6 comments:

Cheptoek said...

Great post. I like all the quotes, especially Anne Mulcahy. I truly believe in standing my your values, true values.

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

The book peaks my curiosity! What is the name of the book?

I am in the process of reading peoples autobiographies and seeing what life lessons that they have learned along their journeys.

Thanks again for letting me know I won!!!! So excited!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

I SO love Paul Harvey. This books sounds really good as usual but definately something my honey would like to read (or listen to....that is how he reads haha)

Thankyou so much for the opportunity to win your book and I am so anxious to receive it!

love and blessings to you and charlotte

Mary said...

My hubby listened to Paul Harvey every day, and still mentiones how much he misses his common sense wisdom and wonderful sense of humor. The quotes are excellent...are they in the book?

Mary

Mary said...

Thanks for visiting my "chippy paint" post, and for straightening me out on the quotes/books! I have Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" book, which is excellent. Like your school days post, too, and share in your sentiments...I have wonderful memories of that time in my life. I wish the same for my grandgirls.

Mary

Kelly said...

I loved Paul Harvey I grew up listening to his "And now you know the rest of the story" programs on the radio. I miss those stories. I would love for my children to be able to hear them.