PERSERVERANCE

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ---Walter Elliott

Fall seven times, stand up eight. ---Japanese Proverb

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down. ---Mary Pickford

He struck out 1330 times. But that isn't what we remember about Babe Ruth. His 714 home runs completely obliterated the strike-outs. ---Harold Helfer, Kiwanis Magazine

5 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

I'm with you on this one Clif. It's so easy to give up but it's all a matter of perspective. My husband talks about this when he's doing his entrepreneurial pursuits.

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I agree with all these wonderful quotes, my favorite is that when each day ends if we have made some mistakes, God gives us a bright new day tomorrow, ready to start all over again.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

RCUBEs said...

I was just thinking about "perseverance" for my post today until it leaned more about "peace" from knowing Him. I guess the Lord is reassuring us, despite the ordeals we all go through, we must persevere for doing so, there is something beautiful that comes after that. God bless. Have a great weekend to you and sister Charlotte.

Cheptoek said...

Thank you for the encouragement from those quotes. I needed especially to hear the first one. It explained something to me.

SmilingSally said...

Perseverance = stubborn