JUST FIX THE DARN THING

Tuesday, August 18, 2009


When I arrived at the church to become the new minister the church was struggling financially--going under.

I couldn't make "heads or tails" out of the financial picture as drawn up by our accountant.

I said, "Just write two things on the back of a brown paper bag: 1. This is how much we owe. 2. This is how much we have.

It took awhile but we straightened things out and today the church is doing great.

WE DON'T NEED A NEW HEALTH CARE PROGRAM THAT NOBODY--AND I DO MEAN NOBODY, CAN UNDERSTAND.

We need to just clean up the program we already have. You couldn't write it on a brown paper bag---well maybe a BIG brown bag you could. But you could write it down on a dozen pages. Just state the changes that need to be made in plain English and then JUST DO IT!

8 comments:

rcubes said...

Amen! Blessings to you.

Loren said...

Amen and Amen!!!

If only they could think so simply!

Blessings to you my friend!!!!

SmilingSally said...

If they cant keep it simple, we all know it won't work.

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

Have you considered a career in politics?

You have some great wisdom and perhaps our government should consult the wisdom that remains in people much like you.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a great post....so glad that I stopped by today.This summer has been so crazy that I have not visited some of my favorite blogs often enough.

Mevely317 said...

Wow! This should be published as a full-page spread on editorial pages across the Country.
(But then, most of the so-called media wouldn't touch a make-sense piece like this with a 10-foot pole.)
Sigh ....

Myra

bp said...

Great points!

The picture made me laugh too.

Have a good day.

Robin said...

Simplicity is the key!

Cliff you asked me to consider writing for Sundays could you let me in on more details...thanks robin